The degree is designed for working professionals who manage communications issues and practices in technology-enabled organizations. This graduate degree can be completed in a minimum of two years.The Master of Arts in Communications and Technology is offered by University of Alberta, one of Canada’s premier research universities and has attracted communication professionals from the world’s leading organizations, including the United Nations, the Government of Canada, and Microsoft Corporation. Our students and graduates reside and work across Canada, the United States and around the world. Communication is examined across all contexts in the program: interpersonal, small group, public speaking, organizational, mass, and intercultural. The competencies to be achieved by graduates include the following:
- Theory and its application to practice
- Knowledge and its use in problem solving
- Critical thinking as the foundation for leadership skills
- Research as the basis for innovation
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Applied Research in Communications and Technology
- Human Communication
- Social Impact of Digital Communications
- Organizational Communications
- Contemporary Issues in Communications and Technology
- Strategic Communications in a Digital World
- Knowledge Management and Communications Technologies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences General Engineering & Technology View 75 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Canada
- four-year degree from a recognized university
- grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 (or equivalent) on a 4-point scale
- three current and application-specific letters of reference
- letter of intent which should state your academic or professional area of specialization, specify how completion of the program would support your professional practice, and identify a provisional topic for the final applied research project
- where applicable, demonstrated English Language Proficiency
International7212 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7212 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National7212 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7212 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.