There is an urgent need for talented individuals who can design novel solutions to our most profound societal challenges.This international Social Entrepreneurship programme, offered by Goldsmiths, University of London, provides practical and sociological tools to individuals motivated to develop alternative economic practices and frameworks to meet such challenges. These might include (but are not limited to) social enterprises, collaborative innovation networks, hubs, digital platforms, support intermediaries and/or policy proposals.
Benefitting from the MA’s timely educational content as well as from its firm roots in London’s rich networks, our students go on to become thought leaders in the burgeoning social innovation field, advancing it in a creative fashion from their chosen angle. Past graduates have gone on to create their own social enterprises or to work for prestigious organisations such as the Yunus Institute and Social Enterprise UK, while some have elected to carry out advanced research into social innovation.This MA is ideal for:
- Current social entrepreneurs hoping to develop their expertise further (roughly 25% of our students from the UK and EU study part-time while working in the field)
- Undergraduates aspiring to become social innovators and changemakers
- Intrapreneurs interested in organisational transformation within the creative sector or any other sector of interest
- Support organisation/infrastructure architects and policy makers (including those who wish to advance the field of social innovation in their cities/areas/countries)
- Those interested in becoming analysts and knowledge experts in this field (including academic researchers with PhDs)
The skills you'll develop throughout the MA include: entrepreneurial knowledge and skills; a critical understanding of the interdisciplinary nature of social entrepreneurship; the ability to critically examine the conditions required for innovation and entrepreneurship to make a strong impact on societal problems; the ability to apply entrepreneurial approaches to projects; effective business and communication skills.
It is intended that students completing this programme will seek employment primarily in two areas.
Firstly: self-employed in their own social enterprise or a member of a team of an SME developing from an existing or new practice.
Secondly: within government or NGO organisations concerned with developing the infrastructure and environment for new social enterprises to flourish.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theories of Creative, Cultural and Social Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurial Modelling
- Social Entrepreneurship: Policy and Frameworks
- Social Return On Investment: Principles and Practice
- Research or Project-Based Master’s Dissertation
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply early to avoid disappointment
- Late applications will only be considered if there are spaces available.
DisciplinesEntrepreneurship View 135 other Masters in Entrepreneurship in United Kingdom
- You should have (or expect to be awarded) an undergraduate degree of at least second class standard in a relevant/related subject.
- You might also be considered for some programmes if you aren’t a graduate or your degree is in an unrelated field, but have relevant experience and can show that you have the ability to work at postgraduate level.
International18900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18900 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10450 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Home/EU - part-time: £5225
Students may apply for or ask to be considered for The Harprit Sekhon Scholarship in the Creative and Cultural Industries. This consists of one award of £1,000.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.