At The University of Wales Trinity Saint David we offer a master degree in Medieval Studies. We have a long tradition of specialist teaching in the medieval period at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels and students may engage with several important and high-profile research projects, such as ‘Strata Florida’, and ‘Monastic Wales’.
The University has a well-established record of research and teaching in the Medieval period. Its provision at all levels has enabled students to study the Medieval and Early Modern period drawing on specialist staff expertise and resources, particularly the holdings of the Special Collections of the Roderic Bowen Library: a unique resource which houses the Special Collections of the University of Wales Trinity Saint David, including over 35,000 printed works, 8 medieval manuscripts, around 100 post medieval manuscripts, and 69 incunabula.
Moreover, this programme will offer:
- Expert teaching from research active specialist staff and exceptional resources in the specialist holdings of the Roderic Bowen Library
- Small seminar-based classes
- Option to complete as a residential programme based on our beautiful and inspiring campus in Lampeter or remotely through online and distance learning
- Option to complete on a full-time or part-time basis (October entry for full-time students, October or February entry for part-time students)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Skills for Medievalists (medieval primary sources; manuscript study)
- The Cistercian World (medieval monasticism)
- Thomas Becket (medieval church history and hagiography)
- Women in the Middle Ages: Sources from the Celtic Regions
- Celtic Arthur and the Mabinogion Tales
- Celtic Sanctity, Spirituality and Hagiography
- Intensive Latin
- Medieval Conference
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History View 135 other Masters in Ancient History in United Kingdom
- Applicants are expected to have a good first degree (a first or upper second), although candidates with lower degree classifications may be admitted at Postgraduate Certificate or Diploma level, with an opportunity to upgrade to Master's level if satisfactory progress is made.
- Every application is considered on its own merit, so places may be offered on the basis of non-standard entry qualifications and criteria, including maturity, professional qualifications and relevant experience. Applicants with non-standard qualifications are advised to submit a short curriculum vitae with their application form.
- We also welcome applications from members of the Armed Forces and recognise the training and education undertaken whilst serving.
International13340 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13340 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA7500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7500 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.