The Heritage programme from The University of Wales Trinity Saint David enables students to gain critical acumen in exploring the meanings of heritage as a concept and how such concepts are applied in the UK and on a worldwide basis, thus providing valuable insights and an understanding of a sector that is gaining increased significance in today’s world.
Heritage, as understood here, is a concern for the past, imagined and constructed in (and for) the present, but set within a wider appreciation for the future. The past as Heritage might include the tangible surroundings of landscape, art, building and written traces, alongside the more intangible aspects of heritage such as a sense of place, cultural space and resonance, or a locus of ritual, festivals and social memory.
- This programme is ideal for those who want to learn more about the heritage industry and the representation of the past, but there are also some more practical module choices to help students improve their job prospects.
- Many of the students who undertake the course on a part-time basis are already in employment and wish to gain a postgraduate qualification as a possible means to promotion or change of job role.
- Former students include journalists, writers, storytellers, teachers, lecturers, editors and people who work in the tourist or heritage industries.
- Heritage in the Political World: Communities and Comparative Aspects
- Unravelling the Past: History, Theory and Methods
- Welsh History and Heritage
- Digital Humanities
- Screening the Past: Film and History – Ancient, Medieval, Modern
- Archaeological Project Design and Delivery
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History View 625 other Masters in History in United Kingdom
- Applicants are expected to have a good first degree (a first or upper second), although every application is considered in its own merit, so places may be offered on the basis of professional qualification and relevant experiences.
- Candidates with a lower degree classification or no degree may be admitted at Postgraduate Certificate or Diploma level, with an opportunity to upgrade to Master’s level if satisfactory progress is made.
International15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 GBP per year during 24 months.
National7500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7500 GBP per year during 24 months.
- Overseas (distance/online): £10,000
Living costs for Lampeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.