If you wish to expand your knowledge of the history of Ancient Greek and Roman societies at a postgraduate level, then Ancient History (MA) is for you. The Ancient History scheme allows you to study a wide range of modules covering not only fascinating figures like Alexander the Great and Julius Caesar, but also basic aspects of everyday life, such as warfare and the economy.
Students in the Ancient History programme from The University of Wales Trinity Saint David will take a balance of modules in both Greek and Roman history, and may focus on one or other of the two societies in their dissertation module.
The Greek modules cover the archaic, classical and Hellenistic periods while there are three primary foci for the study of Roman history: the Republican period; the Imperial Roman West; and, the Roman East, including Egypt and India.
- The programme provides a broad foundation for postgraduate work, by laying particular emphasis on the methodologies and research tools needed for independent advanced study, thus acting as training for students who intend to undertake an MPhil or PhD.
- The course also provides a professional qualification for teachers or others seeking Continuing Professional Development.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theory and Methodology for the Study of Classics
- Writing History in the Ancient World
- Power and Culture in the Hellenistic East
- Life in the Eastern Desert of Egypt
- Religious Life in the Roman Empire
- Stories, Histories and Ticket-Sales: Greeks and Romans on the silver Screen
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History View 534 other Masters in History in United Kingdom
- Applicants are expected to have a good first degree (a first or upper second), although candidates with lower degree classifications may be admitted at Postgraduate Certificate or Diploma level, with an opportunity to upgrade to Master's level if satisfactory progress is made.
- Every application is considered on its own merit, so places may be offered on the basis of non-standard entry qualifications and criteria, including maturity, professional qualifications and relevant experience. Applicants with non-standard qualifications are advised to submit a short curriculum vitae with their application form.
- We also welcome applications from members of the Armed Forces and recognise the training and education undertaken whilst serving.
International13340 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13340 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA7500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7500 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.