Courses in the fields of Business Informatics, Sociology, Political Science, and Mathematics all deal with Big Data. In this master’s program, students also have the opportunity to attend courses offered by the interdisciplinary Data and Web Science research group at the University of Mannheim.
Students in the Data Science programme from University of Mannheim learn to collect, organize, analyze, and visualize large amounts of data using the appropriate tools and methods.
- According to the magazine Harvard Business Review 2012, to be a data scientist means to have „the sexiest job of the 21st century“. Why? Data management and data analysis are becoming more and more important in the field.
- Expert data scientist are very much sought after in a variety of fields, our graduates thus have excellent career prospects.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Data management
- Data analysis
- Exercise courses, seminars, and research projects
- Master's thesis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesData Science & Big Data View 49 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in Germany
- Applicants need to have a bachelor’s degree in Informatics, Mathematics, or a related field to be admitted to the master’s program Mannheim Master in Data Science.
- A degree is deemed sufficient if it is recognized as equivalent by the admissions committee.
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- Semester fee: 190,30 EUR
- Tuition fees for non-EU students: 1,500 EUR
Living costs for Mannheim
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.