The Coastal Communities and Regional Development offered by University Centre of the West Fjords is especially built on the principle and practice of sociology, macro-economics and geography/planning.
By the end of the program students understand the changes and challenges of coastal communities' development, and have versed themselves in methods and skills to predict their development and manage it.
The language of teaching and general communication is English.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Iceland's Environment and Natural Resources
- Approaches and perspectives from geography
- Sociology of rural and remote communities
- Environmental impact assessment (EIA SEA)
- Arctic Ocean Governance
- Communicating Climate Change
- Resource Economics and Policy
- Public policy
- Understanding a regional economy
- Outlook to the Future: Coastal Arctic Scenarios
- From extraction to attraction: Coastal communities in an era of leisure and tourism
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Geography Environmental Economics & Policy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Conditions for acceptance into the Coastal Communities and Regional Development program are that the applicant must have completed an undergraduate university degree, regardless of if it is a BA, BSc or BEd. Applicants fill out an application form and return it together with a cover letter.
- Candidates can come from diverse education and work backgrounds, as the interdisciplinary nature of the study is based on many fields; especially in geography, social sciences and macro-economics.
- English is the communication and educational language of the program. It is anticipated that applicants from Iceland, Scandinavia and the English-speaking countries possess adequate skills in the language.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2157 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2157 EUR per year and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEA1078 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1078 EUR per year and a duration of 18 months.
- EU/EEA - ISK 150,000
- Non EU/EEA - ISK 300,000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.