The Master's in "Mathematics in Data Science" from Technical University of Munich is a full-time degree program that usually takes two years to complete. Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in Mathematics or a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (with minor Mathematics) or an equivalent qualification in a similar field of study.
Which further expertise and skills will I acquire?
Graduates of the master „Mathematics in Data Science“ stand out for the following skills and competencies:
- The graduates know statistical methods for the classification of huge data sets.
- The graduates can handle methods for representation and reduction of huge data sets and how to analyze the data for certain structures (spectral analysis, compressed sensing).
- Employing different analysis methods, graduates can develop suitable models to recognize and analyze data.
- They can develop complex forecast models for future developments.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- This program places an emphasis on methods and algorithms from statistics, machine learning, optimization, and the theory of data representation.
- The focus lies in the theoretical and practical aspects of data engineering, data analysis, machine learning, and data science.
- In addition, students are to attend interdisciplinary courses such as foreign language classes or basic law classes, and also lectures on the social and political implications of big data.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Data Science & Big Data View 30 other Masters in Applied Mathematics in China
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit one (1) copy of Official or Provisional Bachelor Degree Certificate (For originals, the document must bear an original round seal; and non-originals, the document must be in a notarised copy format)
- Submit one (1) copy of Official or Provisional Academic Transcript (For originals, the document must bear an original round seal; and non-originals, the document must be in a notarised copy format)
- Submit a total of two (2) Recommendation Letters
- Submit one (1) Letter of Motivation that indicates the reason(s) you are interested in the programme you applied for
- Submit one (1) Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Submit one (1) Passport-sized photograph
- Submit one (1) Passport Biodata Page photocopy
- Akademische Prufstelle (APS) Certificate (Required for all applicants who hold a degree from China, Vietnam, or Mongolia)
- Proof of English Proficiency
International284 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 142 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA284 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 142 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Beijing
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.