The Master of Science in Digital Humanities at KU Leuven helps graduates from Humanities, Social and Behavioral Sciences programmes to develop digital competencies that will allow them to add digital dimensions to their own domain expertise. It aims to explicitly link these competencies to research questions, case studies and applications related to the domain expertise of the students.
Academically, researchers in the Humanities, Social or Behavioral Science are confronted with the need to apply digital tools to facilitate and enhance their research. The program enables graduates to enhance their research in the Humanities, Social or Behavioral Sciences through non-trivial uses of digital tools and techniques.
This may include modeling and querying databases, accessing data, interconnecting and querying web resources, extending tools with scripts to provide extra functionality, text-encoding and e-publishing, mining repositories, data visualization, analyzing social networks, adopting, adapting and enhancing e-learning environments, improving usability of human-computer interaction. As such, graduates are very well placed to take on the challenges that novel research positions require.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Management and Information Technology
- Tools for the Digital World
- Design Thinking and Making
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Data Visualisation
- Web Information Systems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Technology Management View 32 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admission of students is based on a selection procedure. Candidate students submit an application containing detailed information on their prior studies, work experience, additional competencies, proof of proficiency in English and motivation statement.
- Successful applicants are holder of a Master degree in Human or Behavioral Sciences. They obtained their degree with good study results and from a good university. They meet the universities entry requirements in terms of English proficiency. They have clear academic and/or professional goals and are able to motivate why the program will help to achieve them.
- Applicants with a strong IT-background (e.g. applicants who are also holder of a Bachelor of Master degree in Computer Science, or who have similar expertise through professional experience) will be advised not to enroll in the program.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.