This Master in Sustainable Development at KU Leuven trains future sustainability leaders and acquaints them with the necessary interdisciplinary knowledge, skills and methodologies to address and solve the intertwined socio-ecological challenges that currently hinder the construction of more sustainable paths of development.
This master's programme embraces sustainable development beyond the walls of universities and classrooms to engage with real-world localities in their search for solutions to pressing problems. You will carry out state-of-the-art scientific research in the functioning of geo and ecosystems at different spatial and temporal scales.
The Master in Sustainable Development contains two different tracks: the Erasmus Mundus joint Master in Sustainable Territorial Development and the ICP Master of Science in Sustainable Development.
- A unique benefit of the interuniversity nature of the programmes is that both European and non-European students alike can study together and gain multicultural experiences and an international, academic perspective.
- The master will be assessed and conducted in a real-world setting, in tune with the most contemporary international agenda and the most engaging sustainability debates.
- During the master you will participate in the Sustainable Development Living Lab Project. This award-winning course offers a unique research immersion in the Global South.
Job opportunities for graduates can be found in organisations with responsibility for the creation of sustainable territories such as communities, enterprises, non-state actors and civil society organizations, central government, and many international organizations.
The extensive experience, international collaboration and multidisciplinary insights gained from these programmes will open up new perspectives on sustainability while introducing you to a variety of policy tools and management strategies in divergent territorial contexts.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Sustainable Development Challenge
- Academic Leveling: Space, Society and Ecology
- Geography of Development
- Global Change, Ecosystems and Sustainability
- Current Topics in Conservation Biology
- Fieldwork in the Global South
- Sustainable Development Living Lab and Project
- Individual Portfolio in Sustainable Development
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesSustainable Development View 15 other Masters in Sustainable Development in Belgium
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Most recent information on the programme website: kuleuven.be/ma/MSDL
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International947 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 947 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA947 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 947 EUR per year during 24 months.
Most recent information on www.kuleuven.be/tuitionfees
Living costs for Leuven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.