The Master Astro and Particle Physics is an international research-oriented two year program established by the Kepler-Center. This programme connects science from the fields of particle physics, astrophysics and cosmology and combines different disciplines in experimental and theoretical physics, astronomy and astrophysics.
The education will be in English throughout which prepares the students for the increasing internationalization in industry and modern society.
- Graduates have a sound standing in basic and advanced astro and particle physics covering various research fields, e.g. theoretical quantum field theory, general relativity, computational astrophysics, experimental neutrino physics.
- The students are capable to critically scrutinize the suitability of specific scientific methods for studying various astro and particle physics related questions.
- They are able to combine different techniques in a meaningful way to make rather complex physical problems accessible.
- The students are able to plan and undertake independently appropriate theoretical and laboratory investigations.
- Graduates can present scientific findings of their research orally and in writing. In discussions they are skilled to answer scientic questions in a proficient manner. They can communicate in English with experts in the field and contribute to discussions on current astro and particle physics related topics
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computational Methods
- Stellar Physics
- General Relativity
- Relativ A strop-hysics
- Neutrino Physics
- High Astrophysics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , EEA/EU
60 CP (30 for acquiring research oriented skills and 30 for the Thesis).
DisciplinesPhysics Astronomy & Space Sciences View 9 other Masters in Astronomy & Space Sciences in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The study program requires enthusiasm, curiosity, and a solid basic knowledge in physics.
- Applicants must have completed a Bachelor of Science degree in physics or a similar degree with a grade 2.5 or better.
- We expect broad interest in natural science as well as willingness to familiarize and work with complex scientific details, and to be able to scientifically communicate in English in written and oral form.
- English is the language of instruction and examination in the degree program. The language knowledge requirement is level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference of for Languages.
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1500 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.