The Advanced Clinical Practice programme offered by the Glyndwr University aims to enable experienced professionals to:
- develop a systematic and critical knowledge and understanding of their specialist field of practice
- develop a critical awareness of current problems, gaining new insights at the forefront of their area of advanced practice that enable further strategic development of practice and practice knowledge
- enable practitioners to inform, enhance and develop their competency within their field of practice
- demonstrate advanced scholarship in their subject area through the planning and execution of level 7 enquiry
The distinctive features of the Masters programme are its 600 practice hours and its focus on the four pillars of advanced practice. This means that the programme produces practitioners who are able to think at a high level in practice, but who also underpin their practice with a high level of scholarship. The programme therefore provides a first-class opportunity for post-registration learning in practice.
On successful completion of the Advanced Clinical Practice/Advanced Clinical Practice (Therapies) course, students will be eligible to apply for advanced practice roles in a variety of settings, and in Wales, students will be eligible to use the title ‘Advanced’ on completion of the MSc. As it is validated by the relevant PSRBs, on completion of the Non-Medical Prescribing module, students will be able to record this qualification with their professional body (NMC, HCPC, GPhC).
More informationVisit official programme website
- Clinical Assessment in Advanced Practice and Non-Medical Prescribing
- Clinical Assessment in Advanced Practice, Clinical Pharmacology for Advanced Practice
- Assessment And Intervention, Clinical Evaluation and either Clinical Pharmacology for Advanced Practice
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We advise international students to apply as early as possible to allow us sufficient time to process your application.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 771 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
If your native language is not English you will need to demonstrate English language proficiency. For undergraduate study, if you’ve taken an IELTS test, we’d look for 6.0 overall, with no band below 5.5. Alternatively we accept a minimum of 6/10 at Year 7 or 7.5 at Year 6 in English Language from the International Baccalaureate. For postgraduate study, IELTS with an overall score of 6.5 with no band below 6.0 is required.
If within the last 5 years you have completed at least 2 years education entirely through the medium of English (and have the official academic evidence to support this claim) you may be exempt from having to take an IELTS or accepted equivalent
International5750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5750 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA5750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5750 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.