Capable professionals with skills in commercial management and quantity surveying are always in high demand in the construction industry. With these valuable skills, you'll play an essential role in managing costs for construction projects in the UK and overseas.
The curriculum is practical and career-focused, making you a more competitive candidate for leadership roles in construction.
- Expand your frame of reference and your understanding of construction economics and project management
- Explore topics like risk and value management, quantification and costing of work, financial management and construction economics
- Investigate sustainable design and construction
- Learn how to handle construction contracts and disputes
- Connect your expertise to the real world with industrial case studies
- Complete a dissertation to integrate your knowledge and develop subject expertise
As the University for the Common Good, GCU's community emphasises real ways to make a positive impact. We work hard to excel at what we do so we can drive change in our communities and in our world. We're doers and builders. We hope when you graduate, you'll take that spirit with you, no matter where you go.
As a construction professional, you'll help build cities, businesses and homes; you also have the power to build the common good.
The MSc Quantity Surveying degree will prepare you for a surveying profession at a strategic level. You might find employment in areas such as project management and economics, dispute resolution and international construction.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Design Economics and Cost Planning
- Construction Economics and Procurement
- Construction Technology
- Construction Contracts and Dispute Management
- Risk and Value Management
- Construction Financial Management
- Construction Project Management
- Quantification and Costing of Works
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
Deadlines are for full-time study option.
DisciplinesEconomics Financial Mathematics View 508 other Masters in Economics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Glasgow Caledonian University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- All entry requirements listed here should be used as a guide and represent the minimum required to be considered for entry. Applicants who are made a conditional offer of a place may be asked to achieve more than is stated.
- UK honours degree 2:2 (or equivalent).
- English language requirement: IELTS score of 6.0 (or equivalent) with no element below 5.5.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7000 GBP per year during 12 months.
- RUK: £7,000
Part-time per 15 credit module:
- Home £600
- RUK £600
- EU and International £1,250
Distance learning: £8,500
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.