At a Glance
The Strategic Studies and Energy Security programme of the University of Aberdeen combines the study of national and internal security with courses in energy politics, energy economics and energy law to equip students with the practical skills needed to understand the character of international security as it relates to energy security.
The aim of this programme is to understand the costs and benefits of the strategies deployed, often of a military nature, to address energy security issues and to enhance our understanding of the difficulties encountered when attempting to assess the prospects for stability and security in key, pivotal 'energy-rich' and 'energy-poor' regions of the international system. In addition, you will study the enduring influence of certain core strategic issues, inherent in the management of power and coercion, on the international system regardless of levels of economic and social development.
The University of Aberdeen plays a central role in developing new technology across the energy sector while also works closely with industry, government and regulatory bodies in developing energy policy and frameworks. Our location at the heart of the Energy Capital of Europe means that our students benefit from direct industry involvement with our programmes.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Strategic Theory
- Energy Politics
- Energy Economics
- Global Security Issues
- International Energy Security
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesStrategic Management Sustainable Energy Terrorism & Security View 137 other Masters in Sustainable Energy in United Kingdom
- Applicants for admission will normally be expected to hold a relevant Honours degree with a 2:1 standard from a recognised university or body in International Relations, Politics, History, Geography, Economics, Law and cognate disciplines such as Business Studies
- Applicants without this qualification may be admitted subject to having an alternative qualification, or an approved level of work experience appropriate to the field of study. Also taken into careful consideration is the trajectory of results, an applicant without an overall 2.1 but with 2.1 results in their final two years of study may be admitted
- English Language Requirements
- A degree certificate showing your qualifications
- A full transcript showing all the subjects you studied and the marks you have achieved in your degree(s) (original & official English translation)
- Personal Statement
- Two reference letters, one of which should be from your university discussing your academic ability
International19400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9200 GBP per year during 12 months.
- RUK students fee - £9,200 per year
Living costs for Aberdeen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.