The Social Policy offered by Plymouth Marjon University will provide opportunities to actively engage in professional networks across a range of vibrant partnerships as well as contribute to socially just and sustainable academic research with impact in practice. A key feature of the programme is the emphasis on both breadth and depth of understanding of social policy analysis in its broader economic, social, environmental and political contexts.
Contribute to socially just and sustainable academic research with impact in practice. The MA Social Policy will be of particular interest to you if you are:
- An experienced practitioner looking for advanced Continuous Professional Development opportunities.
- An international student wanting to study and practice in the UK.
- An undergraduate student looking to move directly onto postgraduate education incorporating work based experiences and strengthening your employability prospects.
- A practitioner who wants challenge and interrogate current policy.
What might you become?
MA Social Policy graduates could expect work in a wide range of posts across the third-sector public services, education, government and business. These could include roles in central and local government departments, community bodies, charities, housing and health organisations, research consultancies and advocacy or campaigning bodies. You’ll gain a wide range of knowledge and transferable skills throughout the programme, including sophisticated skills in research, communication and analysis. Our current students work alongside study in a range of fields in health, housing, social services and education.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Social policy analysis
- Contemporary Issues in social policy research
- International social policy analysis
- Research in social policy contexts
- Independent social policy learning project
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSociology Public Policy View 239 other Masters in Public Policy in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You'll ideally have a relevant degree such as one from Social Sciences, Arts, Humanities or the human service professions. Applicants with other degrees are assessed in terms of their knowledge and understanding of the social sciences at interview, and an appropriate reading programme will be devised for them.
International11500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA5500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.