The Real Estate (Commercial Option) degree from University of Aberdeen is a 12 month full time ’conversion’ programme for students with a wide range of first degrees who want to fast-track a career path into the real estate profession.
With proven academic credentials, this Master's degree has been running at the University of Aberdeen for over 20 years, underpinned by our world-renowned strengths in valuation, property investment, economics and finance. Combining academic rigour with the professional edge, the degree has become highly regarded by employers throughout the world.
The main emphases of the programme are on;
- economics, finance, business and quantitative skills
- institutional and legal factors and the policy environment of real estate
- property management, market analysis, investment and development
- analysis and problem solving in a strategic business context
The graduates achieve notable success in the employment market, with many employed by the major surveying firms in lucrative careers spanning surveying, investment, property valuation, planning and development and property management.
As there are more chartered surveying positions in London than there are in the rest of the UK, it’s no surprise that many of our past students are now enjoying careers with major surveying firms in the capital. But we also have significant numbers of former students in Glasgow and Edinburgh – not to mention many engaged with local practices throughout the UK.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Property Law and Institutions
- Valuation and Finance
- Real Estate Economics
- Corporate Real Estate
- Getting Started at the University of Aberdeen
- Advanced Valuation and Development
- Strategic Marketing
- Real Estate Finance
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEconomics Management Studies Real Estate & Property Management View 73 other Masters in Real Estate & Property Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- This programme is open to graduates from any discipline, and does not require business or management study to be completed at undergraduate level.
- The minimum entry requirement for this programme is a degree at 2:2 (lower second class) UK Honours level (or a degree from a non-UK institution which is judged by the University to be of equivalent worth).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Aberdeen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.