The Public Health programme of the Plymouth Marjon University is a ‘specialised’ Master’s Degree in that it has academic and professional elements, taking an interdisciplinary approach to areas related to public health. Students are taught how to monitor, diagnose and regulate the health concerns of communities through public policies.
The programme is both for students who want to enter the field of public health and for those already working as a health professional who want to progress their career. There will be opportunities to engage with employers and real-world projects and for those already in employment there will be opportunities to network and develop their understanding and competences.
We are seeking accreditation from APHEA and for CPD accreditated modules from the government's Faculty of Public Health.
What might you become?
Graduates will be well placed to apply for public health roles in local or national government health departments. The range of jobs varies widely, and can include epidemiology, environmental health, health education, health promotion, health policy development, research and health advocacy.
While studying students on this course can apply for student membership with The Royal Society of Public Health and upon completion of the course students will be eligible to apply for a fellowship membership.
- Public Health
- Quantitative Research
- Health Promotion
- Epidemiology of Non-Communicable Disease
- Leadership for Public Health
- Public Health Policy & Politics
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 1794 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- An Honours degree, normally 2.2 or above, preferably in a health related subject or an equivalent professional qualification from the UK or elsewhere.
- Two forms of APL may be used for entry - Accreditation of Prior Certificated Learning (APCL) or Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL).
- We welcome applications from students who may not have formal entry requirements but who have relevant experience.
- International students must provide evidence of proficiency in English at IELTS 6.5 band score or above.
International12000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National6500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Plymouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.