The Education programme offered by Plymouth Marjon University is taught in partnership with Teaching School Alliances, Multi-Academy Trusts, SCITT partners, Diocesan offices, military, health, sport, outdoor education, theatres, local authorities and a wide range of other employers and organisations throughout the South-West and beyond.
The course ethos is informed, first and foremost, by a renowned student-centred approach focusing on developing and enhancing professionals’ practice and specific subject expertise, which allows you to identify your own research focus.
Why this course at Marjon?
- An individual student-centred approach with outstanding support from a community of expert tutors.
- Flexible modules which enable students to develop their subject and research focus.
- Opportunities to join an inter-disciplinary Masters’ community for the sharing of innovative ideas and practice.
- A flexible and practice-centred approach developed to support the needs of busy professionals.
- Opportunities to study for named pathway awards, including: MA Education, MA Education - Leadership and MA Education - Coaching, Mentoring & Leadership.
Perfect if you're curious about:
- How can I enhance my own subject expertise?
- How do I develop research ideas to explore something that matters to me and/or my employer?
- How can I enhance my own capacity for excellence; as well as that of the organisation I am a part of?
- How can I develop my critical writing skills at Masters’ level?
- How do I publish my research to reach a wide professional community?
What might you become?
In general terms, a Masters’ degree can enable career progression in a highly competitive market place and promote career mobility. Career opportunities will vary according to students’ fields of work, but holders of a Masters’ degree can expect to demonstrate highly flexible and transferable skills such as high levels of initiative, leadership of learning and mastery of a subject area. For example, previous graduates have progressed to County Advisor positions, middle leadership, school leadership and/or executive leadership positions.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Independent study
- Values-based education
- NQT development
- Managing inclusion in the classroom
- Leadership in learning & educational contexts
- Becoming a reflective practitioner
- Research design
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation View 819 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants will need an undergraduate degree, however admission on the grounds of experience is considered for highly experienced applicants.
- All applicants will be asked to complete a Professional Development Plan on entry of the course to determine their choice of modules and pattern of study. Fees can be paid in instalments and discounted fees may be possible for alumni and/or approved partners.
International11500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA5500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.