You’ll have the opportunity at this Master in Contemporary Art Markets at NABA – Nuova Accademia di Belle Arti to come into direct contact with established industry professionals and to collaborate with international acclaimed art galleries, auction houses, art fairs, institutions, collections and art centres.
The educational path comprises two cycles: the first is dedicated to classroom activities and thematic workshops allowing students to apply notions learnt. Visits to galleries, fairs, foundations and museums are also part of the programme. The second cycle focuses on internships, enabling students to experience different market areas first-hand. During this cycle, students also prepare their final projects and attend a three-day study trip to Basel in June during the ArtBasel art fair, the sector's most important annual event.
The Master in Contemporary Art Markets aims to train professionals capable of fulfilling a wide range of roles in the modern and contemporary art sector:
- project managers for galleries, museums and
- specialists and administrators at auction
- art advisors
- art dealers
- private and corporate collections curators
- managers of artists fondations and archives
- communication managers and journalists
- consultants for legal and financial art services
- Art Market and Economy
- Art Management
- Art Market Legislation
- Contemporary Museum Studies
- Collections Valorization
- History of Contemporary Art
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 19 other Masters in Visual Arts in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The program is intended for candidates holding a bachelor’s degree or academic degree in a theoretical subject within the arts, humanities or economy.
- Students with a different degree or diploma will be considered if they are motivated by a significant interest in the program’s topics.
- A commission will evaluate candidates on a case-by-case basis.
- Participants not holding a first-level bachelor’s degree/academic diploma will not receive the 60 educational credits and the Academic Master’s diploma, but will instead earn a certificate.
International18600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18600 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA16500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Milano
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.