This master programme offered by the University of Porto has the following goals:
- To provide solid scientific training, essential to a professional practice in the scientific fields of Communication Sciences, Visual Arts, Economy and Business Administration, Communication Technology, Education Technology and Musical Technology.
- To provide solid professional training that enables the conception, project and development of products, processes and services based on Multimedia Technology, offering the possibility of four main specialization areas: Technology, Arts and Culture, Education, Interactive Music and Sound Design.
- To promote the development of non-technical skills, such as the development of creative skills, team work and leadership.
- To promote the acquisition of an entrepreneurship attitude, risk evaluation and creative opportunity recognition and exploitation.
CareerThe Master in Multimedia provides a broad set of professional careers in the area of Digital Media where there is a demand for solid skills for the Conception, Project and Development of products, processes and services based on Multimedia Technology.More specifically, this master programme provides skills and knowledge for emergent areas such as:
- Transmedia storytelling
- User experience design
- Interactive media
- Digital (Serious) games
- Virtual and Augmented reality
- Mobile and ubiquitous Computing
More informationVisit official programme website
- Multimedia Laboratory
- Multimedia Communication Technologies
- Multimedia Seminar
- Research Methodologies
- History and Tendencies of Multimedia
- Project Management Laboratory
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesVideo Games & Multimedia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- UP Application Form (includes the initial learning agreement/study plan proposal) filled out in English, duly signed by the student and signed/stamped by the Home Institution;
- Transcript of Records (it’s an official certificate from the Home University, in English, with the courses and respective grades obtained by the student up to the moment of the application);
- Copy of legal personal ID card or Passport with photo
- European Health Insurance Card and/or Private Health Insurance
- Other documents (optional): CV, Motivation/ Recommendation Letters.
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA1250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1250 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.