The Computer Science - Sino-Swedish Master - Software Engineering from Uppsala University gives you a unique opportunity to customise and specialise your education in combination with added expertise in a subject of your choice from our leading Asian partner, National Taiwan Normal University (NTNU).
The double subject competence along with the rewarding experience of studies on another continent gives you a truly international education. You also have the opportunity of graduating from two universities.
By living and studying in two different cultures, and making close ties to cities and people in two different countries, leads to a personal and professional development that opens for an international labour market in both advanced industry and cutting-edge research.
Our graduates work at, for example, big international companies, small innovative startups or game industry. You are particularly well equipped for an international job market.
Most of our students continue on to jobs in the commercial IT-sector, as project managers or consultants in advanced product development or applied research, where they work to develop future products. Some students start their own businesses to develop ideas they came up with during their studies. The programme is also a great stepping-stone for doctoral studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The student selects courses from the Computer Science (general) specialisation. Advice will be given on a course selection that fits, but not overlaps, courses taught at National Taiwan Normal University.
- The student has the right to exchange courses corresponding to a maximum of 15 credits from computer science during semester 1 and 2 to courses with, in a broad sense, a cultural content relevant for the specialisation.
- A degree project can be initiated. This project is then concluded in semester 4, possibly in parallel with one or two other courses.
- Students, taking the Sino-Swedish specialisation in computer science and software engineering, who are only offered payable seats at National Taiwan Normal University, or who, for other reasons cannot study at this university, are offered courses from the Computer Science (general) specialisation.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 78 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A Bachelor's degree, equivalent to a Swedish Kandidatexamen, from an internationally recognised university.Also required is:
- 90 credits in computer science, including programming, algorithms and data structures, computer architecture and operating Systems; and
- 30 credits in mathematics.
Selection: Students are selected based on:
- a total appraisal of quantity and quality of previous university studies; and
- a statement of purpose (1 page).
International14421 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28843 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Application Fee: SEK 900
- Tuition fee, first semester: SEK 72500
- Tuition fee, total: SEK 290000
Living costs for Uppsala
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.