This Environmental Engineering programme offered by the Cranfield University equips students with the knowledge and skills to solve a wide range of environmental engineering challenges. The course covers municipal and hazardous waste management, process emissions, contaminated land, water, wastewater and waste disposal. The programme also addresses energy and resource recovery from waste materials.
The course will provide you with:
- An advanced theoretical and specialist understanding of processes and practices central to environmental engineering
- An ability to select and apply appropriate existing and emerging technologies that can achieve lower environmental impact via an integrated and cross-disciplinary approach
- Scientific, technical and engineering principles, economic consequences and risks of environmental management options as best practice
- Capacity to undertake successful technical research projects using appropriate methods of critical analysis.
On completion of this MSc, graduates have a broader network of global contacts, increased opportunities for individual specialism and a wide range of careers as professionals in this sector.
Successful graduates have been able to pursue or enhance careers in a variety of key areas such as:
Research Consultant, Environmental Scientist, Waste Consultant, Environmental Consultant, Site Engineer, Environmental Quality and Compliance Consultant, Risk Prevention & Environmental Engineer, Project Engineer, Research Engineer, Environmental Engineer and Environmental Project Manager.
More informationVisit official programme website
Taught modules 40%, Group project 20%, Individual project 40%
This course is suitable for graduates of science, engineering, and geography who are concerned with the protection and improvement of environmental quality alongside enhancing the quality of human life.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Although there are no set application deadlines, we recommend that you apply as early as possible to secure your place.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 215 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United Kingdom
Candidates must possess, or be expected to achieve, a first or second class UK Honours degree in a relevant engineering or science-based discipline, or the international equivalent of these UK qualifications. Other relevant qualifications together with industrial experience may be considered.
International21500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21500 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10500 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
- MSc Part-time: £1,635
- PgDip Full-time: £8,000
- PgCert Full-time: £4,600
- PgDip Full-time: £17,400
- PgCert Full-time: £8,700
- GREAT China Scholarship
- Butterfield Postgraduate Environment Scholarship
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarship
- The Cranfield Scholarship
- Postgraduate Loan from Student Finance England
- Santander MSc Scholarship
- Chevening Scholarships
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.