Master the skills needed to succeed in the field of management analytics with our full-time program that runs from August to April.
Management analytics involves developing a precise understanding of the factors influencing managerial decisions, and designing data and analytical solutions to support these decisions.
It encompasses the multiple skills needed to extract insights from real-world business data, including:
- Acquiring a deep understanding of the managerial problem
- Identifying the data sources and create analytical data sets
- Designing, validating and implementing analytical solutions
- Communicating your results effectively
During the program, the Management Analytics Practicum will provide an opportunity to gain in-depth experience through a real-life managerial problem.
The program Management Analytics at University of Toronto is structured so that you initially focus on the tools and techniques before moving on to the application of analytics to management situations.
Once you graduate, you’ll find a wide range of career opportunities available. High-level analytical skills are in high demand in a wide spectrum of managerial disciplines, including strategic consulting, finance, health care, life sciences, government, retail, marketing, web analytics, telecommunications and banking.
93% of graduates from the MMA Class of 2019 successfully secured employment.within 3 months of graduation.
- Analytics for Marketing Strategy
- Analytics Insight Using Accounting and Financial Data
- Big Data Analytics
- Leveraging AI and Deep Learning Tools in Marketing
- Management Analytics Practicum
- Modeling Tools for Predictive Analytics
- Optimizing Supply Chain Management and Logistics
- Structuring and Visualizing Data for Analytics
- Tools for Probabilistic Models and Prescriptive Analytics
During the introduction, students will complete the following short courses:
- Analytics in Management
- Data-based Management Decisions
- Bootcamps (SAS, SQL, R)
- Python for Computer Science
The Master of Management Analytics is a practical degree designed for quantitatively strong students who have recently completed undergraduate studies.
- Dmitry Krass, Academic Director, Prof. of Ops Management & Statistics, Sydney C. Cooper Chair in Business & Technology
- David Soberman, Canadian National Chair in Strategic Marketing & Prof. of Marketing
- Maria Rotundo, Prof. of Organization Behaviour & HR Management
Data Scientists in Residence include:
- Meghan Chayka, Co-Founder, Stathletes
- Brian Keng, Chief Data Scientist, Rubicloud
- 9 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesBusiness Intelligence & Analytics Innovation Management Master in Management (MIM) View 11 other Masters in Innovation Management in Canada
Minimum B average (3.0 on the U of T Scale) is required across courses in the final year. It is expected that the GPA of those admitted into the program will be higher than the minimum.
Evidence of a high level of proficiency (a GPA of at least 3.0) in quantitative subjects such as Calculus, Linear Algebra, and Statistics or Econometrics is required.
Demonstrated proficiency in computer programming. This may be demonstrated through academic history, projects, work experience or extra-curricular activities.Two academic references: We encourage you to have at least one reference from a professor who has taught you in a quantitative course.
No work experience is required.
Demonstrated proficiency in computer programming. This may be demonstrated through academic history, projects, work experience or extra-curricular activities.
International64580 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 64580 CAD per year and a duration of 9 months.
National41400 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 41400 CAD per year and a duration of 9 months.
Fees stated are for 2019 entry. Fees are set annually and are subject to change. See our website for full details.
Students may apply to participating banks for an interest-subsidized professional student loan. Rotman also provides interest subsidies on other eligible student loans. Visit our website for details.
Applicants are automatically considered for competitive entrance awards, given to candidates who meet specific criteria detailed on our website.
These awards include:
Entrance awards (Merit awards between $5,000 - $20,000 CAD, with multiple $5,000 Women's Excellence Awards)
Victor Tung Scholarship ($4,000 CAD)
Vector Institute Scholarships in AI - (Merit-based scholarship of approximately $12,000 CAD awarded to select MMA students. Scholarship recipients also participate in numerous special programs and events.)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.