Why this programme
- As a new teacher stating out in your career, this programme will develop an ability to be critically-reflective and explore your own practice in order to improve it.
- It will also provide guidance into the ethical practice habits you need to embed into your own teaching.
- You will study the programme on a part-time basis in order to fit in with workplace demands. It will be delivered using our online platform, Moodle, and is suitable for international candidates.
The majority of the graduates of the Professional Practice with PGDE programme of the University of Glasgow will pursue teaching roles in primary and secondary schools.
- This extension programme is delivered online on a part-time basis, comprising one taught course (Practitioner enquiry and decision making) and a professional practice dissertation, in order to fit in with workplace demands.
- You have five years from starting your PGDE study to complete this degree. There will also be face to face days (international students can participate via Skype).
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 192 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You must have successfully completed the PGDE from the University of Glasgow.
- Please upload a copy of your GTCS (General Teaching Council for Scotland) Certificate. A screenshot will suffice.
- A copy (or copies) of your official degree certificate(s) (if you have already completed your degree)
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing full details of subjects studied and grades/marks obtained
- Official English translations of the certificate(s) and transcript(s)
- One reference letter on headed paper
- Evidence of your English language ability (if your first language is not English)
- A copy of the photo page of your passport (Non-EU students only)
International20400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10200 GBP per semester during 12 months.
UK part-time fees - £321 per 20 Credits
- EU/International part-time fees - £10,200 per 90 Credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.