The Communication and Entrepreneurship programme offered at the University of Nottingham is ideal for communication researchers, company managers, marketeers, and anyone interested in the relationship between language and professional life.
Alongside the Nottingham University Business School, we introduce the multidisciplinary aspects of professional communication. For example, you will explore how linguistic analysis can improve business communication. This could be analysing the content of adverts, business meetings or mission statements, examining how these texts either succeed or fail to convey their intended meanings. We will also look at how the visual elements of texts (i.e. photographs, diagrams) can influence how we interpret messages.
- research skills
- spoken and written communication skills
- critical communication analysis
Our graduates have gone on to a wide range of careers, including positions in marketing and advertising, finance and education, setting up their own businesses, or pursuing further doctoral study.
- Business and Organisational Communication
- Sociolinguistics of Work
- Entrepreneurial Creativity 20 credits
- Launching New Ventures
- Research Methods: Corpus Linguistics
- Managing Innovation in Entrepreneurial Organisations
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEntrepreneurship Corporate Communication View 193 other Masters in Entrepreneurship in United Kingdom
- 2.1 (Upper 2nd class honours undergraduate degree or international equivalent) in English language/literature, linguistics, communications studies, journalism or a related arts or humanities subject
International25000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Nottingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.