The program is developed and implemented in cooperation with the University of Buffalo (USA) and International Business Machines Corporation (IBM).
There are three types of courses: ICT courses (for example, Advanced Data Technologies), Business courses (for example, Business Ethics) and integrated courses (for example, Business Process Management and Engineering). Each course has clearly defined learning outcomes and evaluation mechanisms. Various business and ICT issues are integrated in the program at the level of the program and at the level of individual courses.
- Graduates of Business Informatics at Riga Technical University work for IT companies, public and private institutions using advanced ICT solutions, and consulting firms.
- They are qualified to fill the positions of Business Architect; Information Architect; Information Systems Architect; Information Engineer; Information Systems Engineer; Systems Analyst and Designer; Business Process Analyst, Engineer, and Manager; Business Analyst, Risk Manager, Requirements Engineer; Chief Information Officer; IS Manager; Business and IT Consultant, and the like.
- Business Process Management and Engineering
- E-Business Solutions
- Portfolio Management Technologies
- Service Science, Management, and Engineering
- Advanced Data Technologies
- Business Analytics
- Quality, Risk, and Security Technologies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesBusiness Information Systems
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Riga Technical University and/or in Latvia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelor Degree of Engineering Sciences, or Natural Sciences, or Social Sciences (Economics, Business Administration), or Professional Bachelor Degree in Named Branches of Science Related Fields, or comparable education.
- Education documents must be accompanied by English translations of all certificates and transcripts along with approval of the documents authenticity;
- Students applying for master programmes will be asked to record a video interview.
International2500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2500 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2500 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Riga
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.