Your advantages of taking the Erasmus Mundus Europhotonics degree taught at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT):
- Multiple M.Sc. degrees possible
- Broad mobility choice of 5 different European countries
- Instruction language: English
- Scholarships available
- Language courses, e.g. French and German
- Complete support in accommodation, relocation between the places of study as well as in matters of administration
This master aims at giving an extensive teaching program from fundamentals to advanced research topics in Photonics and its interdisciplinary applications. Master students benefiting from this program will be able to work on today’s new challenges in their academic or applied research carriers: understanding and control matter and optical phenomena at the ultimate nanometric scale, providing new imaging tools for the most complex biological processes from cells and tissues to clinical applications, bringing original tools in line with future optical devices.
- Fundamentals in Optics and Tutorials (Marseille)
- Core Subjects & Industry Internship (Karlsruhe or Marseille)
- Specialization (Karlsruhe, Marseille, Barcelona, Vilnius or Tampere)
- M.Sc. thesis (Karlsruhe, Marseille, Barcelona, Vilnius or Tampere)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Physics General Engineering & Technology View 123 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor degree corresponding to at least 180 ECTS in the field of physics, engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, physical chemistry, applied physics, optics or a related field.
- A medium level in English is required. Regarding the English proficiency, applicants can replace the TOEFL test by a confirmation from their current university.
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- 153.69 EUR/semester (administrative contribution)
Living costs for Karlsruhe
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Two years scholarships funded by the European Agency (Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (EMJMD) scholarships): can be obtained after a selection procedure by students who apply for joining the program at the M1 level (1st year). Scholarship candidates must have already obtained a first higher education degree (bachelor) or demonstrate a recognized equivalent level of learning according to national legislation and practices.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.