The Creative Practice course from Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology will support imaginative, experimental and interdisciplinary enquiry through a range of media and approaches.
Students will choose one of four strands in which to base their study
- Contemporary art studio practice
- Digital cultures
- Film and lens based media
- Socially engaged practice
The course is structured so as to balance general and specific demands of various practices.
Students will be encouraged to work collaboratively as well as be independent, self-directed critical thinkers.
The emphasis of the course is on the student completing a large practice-based project.
This culminates with the production of a final exhibition, film screening or project presentation with a thesis demonstrating appropriate critical contextualization of the practice based work.
Targeted areas of employment for graduates of this programme lie within the extensive range of creative networks and cultural infrastructure of the city, region and beyond.
- Self-employed artists
- Socially engaged and public art projects
- Arts administration
- Film makers
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Themes and Issues in Creative Practice
- Professional Development
- Research and Innovation
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applicants must provide the following:
- A CV detailing their qualifications, career to date.
- A short visual record of previous work.
- A personal motivational statement, which should include an outline of their plans and interests related to Creative Practice and potential Practice-based Research.
- All qualified applicants with a relevant Level 8 qualification or equivalent will be short-listed for interview.
- The interview will discuss qualifications, experience, and the plans and interests outlined by the students in the statement.
- Applicants will be assessed at interview based on qualifications (max 40 marks), experience and achievements (max 30 marks), and plans and objectives (max 30 marks).
International12000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12000 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA4800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4800 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.