MSc and department is also home to four of the UKs’ consultants in SEM and a number of the UK’s leading physiotherapists in MSK medicine and elite sport.
MSc is based in the sport and exercise science department of the university and, with a faculty including some of the country’s leading SEM doctors and physiotherapists, we’ve got all areas of SEM covered.
This is a flexible Sport and Exercise Medicine programme at the University of Leeds comprising of a mixture of face to face learning, placements in clinic and elite sport alongside online learning, providing a course that’s suitable for applicants in full-time employment as well as those looking to study full time.
Employment opportunities exist within NHS MSK and private sports medicine clinics, as well as sports clubs.
Graduate roles and destinations:
- Head of Academy Yorkshire Carnegie
- YSM Clinic Senior Physiotherapist
- GB Basketball U20 W Physiotherapist
- York Knights RL Doctor
- Leeds Rhinos Academy Doctor
- A&E Registrar ST6
- GP Registrar, Hull KR Club Doctor
- Head Physiotherapist, Catalan Dragons
- F3 Doctor
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Functional Sports Anatomy and Clinical Assessment
- Musculoskeletal Medicine and Sport Injuries
- The Sport and Exercise Medicine Practitioner
- Exercise Physiology, Health and Sports Nutrition
- Physical Activity, Health and Exercise Prescription
- Project Work and Dissertation
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Sports Sciences View 301 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
- Applicants should normally have a good honours degree, e.g. at least a UK upper second class or equivalent (or international equivalent), in a related discipline.
- Currently, we are accepting candidates with degrees in medicine, physiotherapy, sports therapy or sports rehabilitation/training (appropriate professional registration would be held with the GMC, Health and Care Professions Council, Chartered Society of Physiotherapy, British Association of Sport Rehabilitators and Trainers, or international equivalent).
- Applicants also need at least one year of relevant post-graduation clinical experience and be able to demonstrate clear potential for benefiting from the programme.
- Applicants also need at least one year of relevant post-graduation clinical experience and are able to demonstrate clear potential for benefiting from the programme.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.