Our MSc and department is also home to four of the UK’s consultants in SEM and a number of the UK’s leading physiotherapists in MSK medicine and elite sport. The Sport and Exercise Medicine course from University of Leeds is based in the sport and exercise science department of the university and, with a faculty including some of the country’s leading SEM doctors and physiotherapists, we’ve got all areas of SEM covered. This is a flexible course comprising of a mixture of face to face learning, placements in clinic and elite sport alongside online learning, providing a course that’s suitable for applicants in full-time employment as well as those looking to study full time.
- Specialised knowledge in SEM disciplines; functional sports anatomy, dissection, clinical assessment, MSK medicine, sports injuries, exercise physiology and health, sports nutrition, physical activity and health, exercise prescription.
- Strong emphasis on the development of technical skills necessary for SEM practice.
- Hands-on training in MSK clinics and pitch-side experience (organised around your diary).
- Access to brand new sports facilities and labs.
- Wide range of supervised practical experience available via club placements and clinics.
- Two days a month of fixed university contact time (fits within NHS study leave allowances).
- Extensive employment opportunities exist within: NHS MSK, private sports medicine clinics and sports clubs.
- Allocated SEM mentors to support not only your MSc study but also to provide careers advice and mentorship.
Employment opportunities exist within NHS MSK and private sports medicine clinics, as well as sports clubs.
The Careers Centre and staff in your faculty provide a range of help and advice to help you plan your career and make well-informed decisions along the way, even after you graduate.
- Graduate roles and destinations
- Head of Academy Yorkshire Carnegie
- YSM Clinic Senior Physiotherapist
- GB Basketball U20 W Physiotherapist
- York Knights RL Doctor
- Leeds Rhinos Academy Doctor
- A&E Registrar ST6
- GP Registrar, Hull KR Club Doctor
- Head Physiotherapist, Catalan Dragons
- F3 Doctor
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Functional Sports Anatomy and Clinical Assessment
- Musculoskeletal Medicine and Sport Injuries
- The Sport and Exercise Medicine Practitioner
- Exercise Physiology, Health and Sports Nutrition
- Physical Activity, Health and Exercise Prescription
- Project Work and Dissertation
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Sports Sciences View 307 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
- Applicants should normally have at least a 2:1 honours degree (or international equivalent), in a related discipline. Currently, we are accepting candidates with degrees in medicine, physiotherapy, sports therapy or sports rehabilitation/training.
- Appropriate professional registration should also be held with the GMC, Health and Care Professions Council, Chartered Society of Physiotherapy or British Association of Sport Rehabilitators and Trainers.
- Applicants without professional registration with the GMC, Health and Care Professions Council, Chartered Society of Physiotherapy or British Association of Sport Rehabilitators and Trainers are required to have at least one year of relevant post-graduation clinical experience.
- All applicants should be able to demonstrate clear potential for benefiting from the programme.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.