There is an emphasis on the practical challenge of measuring, analysing and evaluating dynamic environmental data for environmental problem solving and management purposes. It is formulated around our fundamental belief that environmental problem solving and management must be based on asking the right questions, collecting the correct data, analysing it in an appropriate way and evaluating it in an applied context.
Geography and Environment is located inside a state-of-the-art research and teaching facility, complete with a river science laboratory, geospatial laboratory, and several meteorological and hydrological field stations.
The campus also has a 16-hectare research forest, comprised of ancient and semi-natural woodland.
Our graduates of the Environmental Monitoring, Research and Management MSc at Loughborough University have an excellent track record of securing jobs in environmental consultancy, research and government agencies in fields including flood risk modelling and engineering, catastrophe risk analysis, water quality monitoring and transport planning. Many of our graduates have secured jobs by networking with the contacts made during the programme.
Recent graduate destinations include:
- AECOM, Ecologist
- Addax Petroleum Services Ltd (Switzerland), Environmental Adviser
- Archaeological Project Services, Archaeology Outreach Officer
- Branston Ltd, Trainee Agronomist
- Mercia City Council (Spain), Noise Pollution Monitor
- Pick Everard, Engineer
- Lake Research and Management
- GIS for Environment Management
- Hydroclimatological Monitoring and Modelling
- Research and Professional Practice
- Tools for River Research and Management
- Research-Informed Environmental Management
- Geospatial Risk Modelling for Management
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Economics & Policy Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 205 other Masters in Environmental Management in United Kingdom
- An honours degree (good 2:2 or 55% or above) or equivalent international qualification in geography or other science/engineering discipline.
- Applicants with appropriate professional expertise will also be considered.
International20800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20800 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10100 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Loughborough
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
British Marshall Scholarships
- Awards are open to US citizens who are graduates of US universities, to undertake study in any subject leading to a degree at a UK university.
Dean’s Award for Enterprise Scholarship
- The Dean's Award for Enterprise offers 90% off the full cost of tuition fees, for UK, EU and international students with an inspiring business idea.
Loughborough Sports Scholarship
- To support the sporting and academic development of talented student athletes. The level of support varies by sport and performance level.
Academic Excellence Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.