Industrial mathematics is a branch of applied mathematics that focuses on a modelling, simulating and solving problems of relevance to industry.
Mathematical modelling is a valuable skill for solving the real problems and challenges faced by companies and provides a useful language to describe, solve and validate the problem.
As such, our industrial mathematics master's is especially suitable if you have undertaken a three-year bachelor's degree in mathematics, science or engineering and wish to apply your enhanced skills in an industrial context. The Industrial Mathematical Modelling MSc at Loughborough University also also provides excellent preparation for PhD study.
Graduate employment spans a wide range of industries encompassing aerospace, automotive electronics and computer interests, as well as software houses, insurance companies and research establishments and institutions.
Recent graduate destinations include:
- Lecturer in higher education
- Modeller in the Energy Ttechnology Institute
- PhD study in plasma liquid interactions
- Software Engineer in New Zealand
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Regular and Chaotic Dynamics
- Programming and Numerical Methods
- Mathematical Modelling I
- Elements of PDEs
- Static and Dynamic Optimisation
- Fluid Mechanic
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Some programmes fill up quickly, so we recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible so you are not disappointed.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Mathematics View 153 other Masters in Industrial & Systems Engineering in United Kingdom
- A 2:1 honours degree (or equivalent international qualification) in mathematics or an engineering or science subject with a high mathematical content.
International19950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19950 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9700 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Loughborough
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
British Marshall Scholarships
- Awards are open to US citizens who are graduates of US universities, to undertake study in any subject leading to a degree at a UK university.
Dean’s Award for Enterprise Scholarship
- The Dean's Award for Enterprise offers 90% off the full cost of tuition fees, for UK, EU and international students with an inspiring business idea.
Loughborough Sports Scholarship
- To support the sporting and academic development of talented student athletes. The level of support varies by sport and performance level.
Academic Excellence Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.