The well-structured research component enables students to develop advanced research skills. British Columbia Institute of Technology students are required to complete a research methods course and a comprehensive research project.
This project will require students to define a research problem, develop a viable methodology and research design, and arrive at appropriate solutions or conclusions. Students are required to work with a project supervisor to define the research problem and submit a research report on their findings and recommendations.
The Master of Engineering degree in Building Science:
- Offers an interdisciplinary curriculum
- Specializes in building science
- Emphasizes an engineering approach for practical problem solving
- Focuses on applied research to provide solutions to industry problems
- Engages students in interdisciplinary research
- Is supported by a strong foundation of research infrastructure unique to western Canada
- Delivers a first-of-a-kind program in BC and western Canada
More informationVisit official programme website
- Building Science
- Building Materials
- Building Envelope
- Building Energy Performance
- Advanced Acoustics
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction View 41 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in Canada
- English: one of the following: two years of full-time post-secondary education in English in an English-speaking country with 3.0 credits of post-secondary English, humanities or social sciences (67%) from a recognized institution
- Post-secondary: 4-year bachelor’s degree in an engineering field with a GPA of 2.8 out of 4.0 (70%)
- Math: Linear algebra and differential equations equivalent to UBC Math 221 and UBC Math 255
- Complete the online application:Mandatory Applicant Questionnaire
International11036 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5518 CAD per semester and a duration of 16 months.
National11036 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5518 CAD per semester and a duration of 16 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.