Mathematics from Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) deals with the most fundamental of all sciences and also the most applicable, as it is the rigorous study of structure, relationships and patterns.
Graduates with Mathematics from Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) will:
- be able to acquire a sound foundation in mathematical sciences to continue to a doctorate in Mathematics.
- have advanced training in engineering, computer science, physics, economics
- Applied Stochastic Processes/Advanced Applied Stochastic Processes
- Quantitative Finance
- Mathematical Models in Biology
- Theoretical Statistics
- Dynamical Systems
- Advanced Partial Differential Equations
- Symmetry Methods for Differential Equations / Symmetry Methods
- Optimisation Techniques
- Scientific Computing
- Advanced Statistical Analysis
- Computational Algebra and Algebraic Geometry
- Advanced General Topology
- Graph Theory/Advanced Graph Theory
- Advanced Functional Analysis
- Spectra of Differential Operators
- Quantum Graphs
- Approximation Theory
- Calculus of Manifold/Manifold and Differential Forms
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Statistics Actuarial Science View 6 other Masters in Actuarial Science in Pakistan
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Academic Record;
- Performance in Admission Tests;
- Application Review;
- Interview Performance (If shortlisted);
- Letters of Recommendation; and
- Submission of complete Online Application, Application Processing Fee and supporting documents by the stipulated deadline
- As a minimum academic performance, all applicants must have a CGPA of at least 2.4 (on a scale of 4) or at least 60% marks in all university-level degrees (i.e. 4 years Bachelor’s degree or 2 years BSc degree and 2 years MSc degree).
- GRE - General Test; and
- GRE - Subject Test in Mathematics
International1851 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1851 USD per year during 24 months.
National1851 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1851 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Lahore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.