The Master of Science is the first year of Toulouse School of Management doctoral programme in Management. This intensive Finance (Research Track) programme from the Toulouse 1 Capitole University creatively combines the best of theory, practice and reality-based education: graduates pursue careers in leading universities and business schools, policy-oriented institutions and private firms. We deliberately keep the doctoral programme small to allow you to work closely with your supervisor and develop interaction with all faculty members.
Learn more about this programme
Students who successfully complete the first year of the programme are awarded a Master of Science and may choose to end their formal training. The goal of this one-year programme is to provide students with the quantitative, analytical and theoretical tools for a successful academic or industry-oriented career.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Learning and practice in research
- Engaging with the scientific literature
- Management science
- Qualitative research
- Quantitative research
- Experimental research
- Library resources
- Managing your PhD: getting started
- Library resources
- What are the good academic conferences?
- How to present a research paper?
- International job market
- Alumni talk
- The French cultural etiquette
- Master thesis or internship
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor’s degree (in the US), the completion of a Master year 1 (in Europe) or an equivalent diploma, representing a four-year course of study in an accredited college or university, is required for admission. A complete Master’s degree is not required, although many applicants have a Master’s degree in such fields as management, finance, economics, psychology, engineering, and statistics. Superior academic performance is expected.
- Each application will be carefully studied by the professors in the field of specialization, and by the Doctoral Programme Board composed of professors from all fields.
Living costs for Toulouse
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.