At Teaching (Secondary) from the University of the Sunshine Coast , for admission, your bachelor degree disciplines must align with the current subject offerings of Queensland schools.
Students at Teaching (Secondary) from the University of the Sunshine Coast will:
- Build on existing subject knowledge with discipline-specific courses preparing you for the classroom
- Assess students’ learning needs, design lesson plans and manage a diverse classroom
- Complete Supervised Professional Experience in three blocks, totalling 60 days of practice teaching, with opportunity to gain experience rurally and remotely
- Attend ongoing professional development seminars and employment forums
- Meet with employer representatives, The Queensland College of Teachers, teacher unions and international recruiters
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Individual Learner Needs
- Professional Experience: Managing Learning Environments
- Literacy and Numeracy across the Curriculum
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Perspectives in Teaching and Learning
- Using Data for Learning
- Teacher as Researcher
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 132 other Masters in Teaching in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS code: 094769F
- Research has shown that the most effective teachers are those who have academic capability, literacy and numeracy skills, and personal characteristics (non-academic capabilities). Entry to this program requires that applicants meet academic and non-academic criteria.
- Applicants must have completed a non-Education Bachelor's degree (AQF Level 7), or equivalent, with a minimum GPA of 4.0 from a recognised tertiary institution.
International27400 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27400 AUD per year during 24 months.
National18120 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18120 AUD per year during 24 months.
- National students are commonwealth supported- A$3,984/ year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.