Medical Laboratory Science programme is offered at at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
A. Advancement in Knowledge and Skill
- To develop specialists in their respective professional disciplines to enhance their career paths;
- To broaden students' exposure to health science and technology to enable them to cope with the ever-changing demands of work; and
- To provide a laboratory environment for testing problems encountered at work.
Students develop intellectually, professionally and personally while advancing their knowledge and skills in Medical Laboratory Science. The specific aims of this award are:
- To broaden and deepen students' knowledge and expertise in Medical Laboratory Science;
- To introduce students to advances in selected areas of diagnostic laboratory techniques;
- To develop in students an integrative and collaborative team approach to the investigation of common diseases;
- To foster an understanding of the management concepts that are relevant to clinical laboratories; and
- To develop students' skills in communication, critical analysis and problem solving.
B. Professional Development
- To develop students' ability in critical analysis and evaluation in their professional practices;
- To cultivate within healthcare professionals the qualities and attributes that are expected of them;
- To acquire a higher level of awareness and reflection within the profession and the healthcare industry to improve the quality of healthcare services; and
- To develop students' ability to assume a managerial level of practice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Integrated Medical Laboratory Science
- Advanced Topics in Health Technology
- Clinical Applications of Molecular Diagnostics in Healthcare
- Clinical Chemistry
- Haematology & Transfusion Science
- Histopathology & Cytology
- Medical Microbiology
- Molecular Technology in the Clinical Laboratory
- 12 months
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine View 7 other Masters in Biomedicine in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- As for the Master's degree or Postgraduate Diploma, the basic requirement is a Bachelor's degree from an institution that is recognised by PolyU.
International695 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 695 USD per credit during 12 months.
National631 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 631 USD per credit during 12 months.
- HK$4,900 per credit for local students
- HK$5,400 per credit for non-local students
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.