The award in Medical Imaging and Radiation Science at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University is specially designed for professionals in medical imaging and radiotherapy and has the following aims.
A. Advancement in Knowledge and Skill
- To provide professionals in Medical Imaging and Radiotherapy, as well as others interested in health technology, with the opportunity to develop advanced levels of knowledge and skills;
- To develop specialists in their respective professional disciplines and enhance their career paths;
- To broaden students' exposure to a wider field of health science and technology to enable them to cope with the ever-changing demands of work;
- To provide a laboratory environment for testing problems encountered at work;
- To equip students with an advanced knowledge base in a chosen area of specialisation in medical imaging or radiotherapy to enable them to meet the changing needs of their disciplines and contribute to the development of medical imaging or radiation oncology practice in Hong Kong; and
- To develop critical and analytical abilities and skills in the areas of specialisation that are relevant to the professional discipline to improve professional competence
B. Professional Development
- To develop students' ability in critical analysis and evaluation in their professional practices;
- To cultivate within healthcare professionals the qualities and attributes that are expected of them;
- To acquire a higher level of awareness and reflection within the profession and the healthcare industry to improve the quality of healthcare services; and
- To develop students' ability to assume a managerial level of practice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Multiplanar Anatomy
- Advanced Radiotherapy Planning & Dosimetry
- Advanced Technology & Clinical Application in Computed Tomography
- Advanced Technology & Clinical Application in Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Advanced Topics in Health Technology
- Advanced Ultrasonography
- Computed Tomography (CT): Practicum
- Digital Imaging & PACS
- Imaging Pathology
- 12 months
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering View 11 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- As for the Master's degree or Postgraduate Diploma, the basic requirement is a Bachelor's degree from an institution that is recognised by PolyU.
International695 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 695 USD per credit during 12 months.
National631 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 631 USD per credit during 12 months.
- HK$4,900 per credit for local students
- HK$5,400 per credit for non-local students
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.