Our programme in Media, Culture and Creative Cities, offered byThe University of Hong Kong provides academic and professional training for students and practitioners in the fields of media, culture and creative industries, and a foundation for advanced research degree studies in these areas.
The centrepiece of our programme is our Capstone project, where you will conduct a unique research project in close collaboration with a leading company or organisation in the field of media, culture, and creative cities. This allows you to apply your learning through the programme to a real-life situation, in addition to gaining valuable practical experience and connections.
In this programme, we aim to provide you with:
- theoretical knowledge for understanding how media, culture, and creative cities function in today's global society
- skills to allow you to conduct original and rigorous research on media, culture, and creative cities
- exposure, connections, and career prospects in related fields
- the ability to analyse, and contribute to, related policy discussions in order to have an impact upon government, industry, and civil society
More informationVisit official programme website
Our programme is particularly ideal if you:
- intend to start, or already have, a career in media and culture related fields
- work in business, government and other non-cultural fields but want to increase your conceptual understanding of, and skills in, media and cultural studies
- are a graduate from related disciplines of sociology, anthropology, journalism, urban studies, or media and cultural studies wishing to pursue further research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesMedia Studies & Mass Media View 4 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Candidates should hold a Bachelor's degree, or another qualification of equivalent standard; and preferably have relevant working experiences in the media and cultural sector.
- Candidates must pass a written test and a face-to-face interview, and if necessary a language test will be scheduled to assess their English proficiency.
International21800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21800 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National5367 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5367 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
- 42,100 HK$
- 171,000 HK$
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.