It equips corporate administrators, including chief executive officers, directors, financial controllers, treasurers, company secretaries and holders of other key corporate positions, with a sound knowledge of, and competency in, corporate governance so that they can effectively participate in the planning, implementation and monitoring of corporate financial policies and strategies.
On completion of the MCG programme, graduates will be able to:
- Appreciate the importance of business ethics pertaining to various corporate governance issues;
- Comprehend best practices in respect of corporate governance, as required to achieve higher standards of corporate behaviour;
- Develop a critical law and regulation insight and appreciate the role of law and regulation in corporate governance;
- Apply the corporate accounting and finance concepts and financial reporting practices in accounting and financial planning, control and decision making;
- Comprehend and appreciate management accounting controls, information systems, principles of organization and strategy theories and their application to corporate management;
- Explain and apply current Hong Kong taxation law and practices to advise on tax implications in corporate management and decision making;
- Comprehend and appreciate the legal aspects involved in company matters and the corporate governance system of both Hong Kong and PRC companies; and
- Fulfil exemption requirements of relevant professional bodies, including the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA), and the Hong Kong Institute of Chartered Secretaries (HKICS).
- Corporate Financial Accounting
- Corporate Law
- Corporate Taxation & Tax Planning
- Organisation Management & Strategy
- Corporate Administration
- Corporate Governance
- Business Risk Management
- Securities Regulations & Practice
- Strategic China Tax Planning & Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Initial Registration Credits
- 3 for local students
- 6 for non-local students
DisciplinesCorporate Communication Corporate Social Responsibility View 3 other Masters in Corporate Social Responsibility in Hong Kong (SAR)
- A Bachelor's or higher degree in a business or business-related discipline awarded by a recognised university, or other qualifications deemed equivalent by the Admissions Committee;
- To meet the minimum entrance requirements, applicants should have studied basic accounting and law or business law at the undergraduate level.
If you are not a native speaker of English, and your Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification is awarded by institutions where the medium of instruction is not English, you are expected to fulfil the University’s minimum English language requirement for admission purpose.
International16925 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33850 USD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
National12640 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25281 USD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- HK$196,500 per programme for local students
- HK$263,100 per programme for non-local students
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.