It aims to cultivate competent clinical and educational specialists ready to lead the development of the field of expressive arts therapy in Hong Kong and Asia.
The objectives of the Expressive Arts Therapy programme, offered by The University of Hong Kong, are to advance expressive arts therapy knowledge exchange and training development in Hong Kong and to ensure that students are grounded in evidence-based expressive arts therapy practice and contributing to research development.
Students are required to complete 10 compulsory courses, 2 elective courses, a practicum of 500 to 750 hours and a dissertation. Graduates are eligible for professional registration as a Registered Arts Therapist (AThR) with the Australian, New Zealand and Asian Creative Arts Therapies Association (ANZACATA) upon completion of 750 practicum hours.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureMode of Attendance
- Full Time (two years, with classes conducted during weekday evenings and occasional weekends)
- Part Time (three years, with classes conducted during weekday evenings and occasional weekends)
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy View 4 other Masters in Physiotherapy in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants shall hold a Bachelor's degree of HKU or an equivalent qualification from a comparable institution, preferably in a field related to social sciences, healthcare, education or arts disciplines.
- Candidates with qualifications other than a Bachelor's degree will be considered on their individual merits.
- A minimum of three years of relevant post-qualification working experience is preferred. In addition, applicants shall submit an arts portfolio to demonstrate proficiency in using at least one arts form, (visual art, music, dance, drama or poetry). Qualifying examinations to test the applicants' abilities to follow the prescribed courses and/or interviews may be conducted.
International21800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21800 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National5367 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5367 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
- 42,100 HK$
- 171,000 HK$
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.