The programme in Human Rights at The University of Hong Kong focuses on problems and perspectives which are of particular concern to the Asia-Pacific region, while at the same time ensuring that participants engage with universal human rights issues and the perspectives of other regional systems.
The Faculty of Law is Hong Kong's leading law school. It has a cherished heritage, is ranked among the best law faculties in the world and is highly regarded for providing quality legal education and life-long learning opportunities.
Building on its strong tradition of teaching, research in the common law and prominent links with the professional community, our Faculty, as a regional centre of excellence in China and the Asia-Pacific Region, aspires to be a world class law school that meets the highest standards of international excellence in every dimension and to be recognized as one of a handful of the best law schools internationally
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureMode of Attendance
- Full Time (one year)
- Part Time (two years)
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaster of Laws (LLM) View 9 other Masters in Master of Laws (LLM) in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- hold a degree of Bachelor of Laws with at least second class honours or an equivalent qualification accepted by the University for this purpose; or
- hold a degree in a discipline other than law with at least second class honours accepted by the University for this purpose and have at least two years relevant experience and professional qualifications; or
- have obtained either the Common Professional Examination of England and Wales or the Common Professional Examination Certificate of this University, provided that in either case a second class honours degree or a qualification of equivalent standard of this University or another comparable institution accepted for this purpose has also been obtained.
International22064 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22064 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National5432 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5432 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
- $42,100 p.a. (local students)
- $171,000 p.a. (non-local students)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.