The MSc in Energy Management provides students with a holistic, 360-degree view of the energy business.
The programme covers renewable and alternative energy, electricity markets and oil business, as well as gas and LNG markets, focusing on enabling participants with the essential toolkit to manage real-life energy projects as the industry enters a transition period.
It provides students with the ability to develop and implement strategies to address major issues in energy regulation and policy, and to understand the energy business environment and its fundamental economic and technological concepts.
The MSc in Energy Management is supported by specialist faculty industry professionals, as well as our London-based Energy Management Centre (EMC). Taught at the London and Paris campuses, the programme offers a unique opportunity to explore the global energy scene while studying in the two essential energy hubs in Europe.
The programme has a holistic approach that will prepare you for a variety of careers related to the energy industry in the areas of consultancy/project management, finance and investment banking, trading, risk management, market/business analysis, brokering, operations and more.
Graduates have gone on to work in companies such as E.ON, Total, EDF, Engie, Schlumberger and Wood Mackenzie.
- ESCP Business School is Multi-Accredited: AACSB, EQUIS,EFMD MBA, EFMD EMBA.
- This programme is accredited as Master of Sciences (MSc) by the French Conférence des Grandes Écoles.
- Since 2017, the MSc in Energy Management is also accredited by the Global Association of Risk Professionals, as an ERP Academic Partner.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
INDUCTION WEEK (September - London, UK)
- Seminar in Problem Solving & Decision Making (PSDM)
- Seminar in Data Analysis
TERM 1 (Sept - Dec – London, UK)
- Principles of Finance
- Corporate & Business Strategy
- Oil & Gas Business
- Renewable Energy
- Electricity Markets
- Sustainability & Energy
- Energy Trading
- Seminar in Business Consulting
TERM 2 (Jan - Mar – London, UK)
- Operations & Supply Chain Management
- Energy Markets and Other Commodities
- Energy Policy
- Project Financing & Evaluation
- Energy Risk Management
- Energy Trading Game
- Seminar in Blockchain Technology
TERM 3 (Apr - Jun – Paris, France)
- Energy Economics
- Gas & LNG Markets
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- Digitalisation and Energy Transition
- Company Consultancy Project (8-12 weeks)
- Seminar in Energy Security and International Politics
- Seminar in Research Methods & PYTHON Programming Language
TRACK 1: Finance & Investment
- Portfolio Management
- Asset Management
TRACK 2: Project Management & Consultancy
- Operational Risk & Crisis Management
- Leading and Transforming Energy Companies
*EXAMPLES OF WORKSHOPS INCLUDE:
- Clean Energy Management Software
- Industry 4.0
- Project Management
- Big Data
- Power of Artificial Intelligence in Microgrids
- Agile Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Risk Management Sustainable Energy View 7 other Masters in Risk Management in France
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Bachelor degree or Masters in any discipline (preferably 240 ECTS)
- A minimum of 12 months of work experience (including internships), preferably in areas related to energy, business or management
- Two references (ideally one academic, one professional)
- Motivation letter
- English Language Proficiency: C1
- The MSc in Energy Management programme does not require any previous knowledge or work experience in the energy sector. However, we require our candidates to have at least 12 months of work experience (including internships).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14333 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21500 GBP for the full programme during 18 months.
EU/EEA14333 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21500 GBP for the full programme during 18 months.
Tuition fees for September 2020 programme start are set at £21,500 (all students, EU and non-EU).
There is an application fee of €130 for all applicants.
Living costs for Paris
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The MSc in Energy Management programme offers a range of scholarships, all worth £3,000, across three categories:
- Women in Energy
- World Citizen Talent
- Academic Excellence
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
This programme is taught in different countries. Which country are you interested in?
- United Kingdom
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.