The programme in Literary and Cultural Studies at The University of Hong Kong will be offered in a full-time (one year) or part-time (two years) modes at Literary and Cultural Studies. As a "cultural studies" programme, it adopts an interdisciplinary, contextual, and broadly historical approach to questions of culture and to the analysis of tests.
Critical and cultural theories are important touchstones for all classes, and help us frame and define the texts and problems that we go on to write about.
At the end of their studies, students are expected to complete a capstone experience which contributes to the body of knowledge in society.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureMode of Attendance
- Full Time (one year, with classes on weekday evenings and occasionally weekday afternoons)
- Part Time (two years, with classes primarily on weekday evenings and sometimes on weekday afternoons)
- The semester courses offered by the programme will vary from time to time.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies View 12 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor's degree (in any discipline) with good results from a recognised university, or equivalent qualifications.
- Candidates may be invited to have email and/or Skype/phone interview.
International21800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21800 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National5367 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5367 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
- 42,100 HK$
- 171,000 HK$
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.