The aims of the Real Estate programme from The University of Hong Kong are threefold. The first aim is to introduce students to real estate assets and markets, within the overall framework of law, institutions, and urban economies.
The second aim is to provide students with the theoretical insight and analytical skills to identify and evaluate real estate investment opportunities in both private and public sectors, including land development, asset management, financial market transactions (e.g. REIT), and innovative land conversion ventures (e.g. PERE).
The third aim is to equip students with the necessary management skills to understand and participate in functional and general management of enterprises active in real estate markets.
Each student must complete:
- 12 courses including prescribed and elective courses; or
- 9 courses including prescribed and elective courses plus a dissertation.
The prescribed courses are:
- Economics for Professionals;
- Real Estate Management;
- Land Economics;
- Planning and Building Development;
- Law for the Real Estate and Construction Industry;
- Real Estate Investment;
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
To be confirmed
DisciplinesEconomics Real Estate & Property Management Urban Planning View 31 other Masters in Economics in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Comply with the General Regulations and the Regulations for Taught Postgraduate Curricula;
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree of this University or a qualification of equivalent standard from this University or another comparable institution accepted for this purpose;
- Applicants who seek admission on the basis of a qualification from a university or comparable institution outside Hong Kong of which the language of teaching and/or examination is not English, need to satisfy the University English language requirement applicable to higher degrees as prescribed under General Regulation G2(b); and
- Satisfy the examiners in a qualifying examination if required.
International25541 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25541 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National25541 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25541 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
- HK$200,400* per programme
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.