The curriculum comprises design studios, core courses and electives covering both practical and theoretical studies in: landscape planning and design; ecology; horticulture; planting design; construction technology; professional practice; and techniques in visual communication and digital technology.
Students are encouraged to carry out research projects and participate in the Faculty's overseas field trips, community workshops, and joint studios with overseas institutions. Students are required to complete the Intensive Pre-requisite Field Study course in late summer before the first semester commences.The Master in Landscape Architecture programme at The University of Hong Kong is a specialized, professional degree, designed to lead directly to a professional qualification and registration in landscape architecture. The programme has been accredited by the Hong Kong Institute of Landscape Architects (HKILA). HKILA has reciprocal membership rights with the Australian Institute of Landscape Architects (AILA) and the New Zealand Institute of Landscape Architects (NZILA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureMode of Attendance
- Full Time (two years)
- The MLA course curriculum follows a specific sequence over a two-year period. Not all courses are offered each year.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLandscape Architecture View 5 other Masters in Landscape Architecture in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor of Arts (Landscape Studies) or Bachelor of Arts (Architectural Studies) degree of the University of Hong Kong or a similar degree from a comparable institution accepted for this purpose.
- Applicants without a design-related undergraduate degree are encouraged to apply for the Postgraduate Diploma in Landscape Architecture (PDLA) programme.
- This distinct, one-year curriculum is structured to provide an introductory education in the discipline of landscape architecture and prepare students for continuing studies at a master's level such as the Master of Landscape Architecture.
International22064 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22064 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National5432 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5432 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Local: 42,100 HK$ per annum
- Non Local: 171,000 HK$ per annum
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.