Whether you want to expand your field of expertise, or deepen it, this unique one-year course will enrich your knowledge and enhance your career in the fields of Advanced Architectural, Urban Design and Digital Fabrication. The Architecture and Urbanism programme, offered by University of East London, is aimed at architecture graduates wishing to specialize in advanced digital design processes, and at those within the ‘built environment’ – such as planners, psychologists, quantity surveyors or designers
Along the course Advanced Architectural Design, Parametric Urban Design, Digital Manufacturing will be developed across the year following a common digital platform which simulates the state of the art of design processes in contemporary architectural practices. The goal is experimenting new possibilities for architectural spaces and cities connecting the design to advanced fabrication techniques and sustainable strategies in order to generate a research leading to a secure impact in the industry.
Your future career
- This course is ideal if you are a practitioner or recent graduate wishing to diversify your knowledge of built environment disciplines.
- The course will help you shift your architectural practice into a new field or direction.
- The course will give you a better understanding of contemporary practice within European and global contexts and help you develop your critical design or writing and thinking skills.
- The course will offer you a specialized expertise that could help to take your career in an upward, and perhaps different, direction.
- The will give you the opportunity to expand your network of contacts, getting in touch with globally renowned practitioners, manufacturers and researchers.
- And if you are considering further study, the course will provide an ideal route towards PhD-level work.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Architecture and Practice
- Digital Architecture and Urban Design : Principles
- Digital Architecture and Urban Design: Advanced Techniques and Computation
- Digital Manufacturing
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesArchitecture View 230 other Masters in Architecture in United Kingdom
- Minimum 2.2 Honours in an Built Environment Discipline
- We would normally expect you to have Grade C in GCSE English and Maths.
The submission of a portfolio of work gives the applicant an advantage. We will look for the following in a submitted portfolio:
- Evidence of exploratory spatial design techniques including sketching, especially model-making and perspective-based imagery
- Sound technical knowledge of building or spatial design and conventional drawing abilities
- Environmental and structural design knowledge
- Awareness of architectural history and theory
- Ability to synthesise the above into architectural proposals
- Depth of work, engagement and commitment to the subject
- Presentational skills
International13920 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13920 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Part-time UK/EU: £1,250 per 30 credit module
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.