The graduate of the programme can be employed as a specialist in advanced data analysis in manufacturing companies, banks, insurance and telecommunications companies, public administration and research centres specializing in advanced data analytics. The Advanced Analytics – Big Data BA course at Warsaw School of Economics (SGH) also prepares students to conduct research and to take up third-cycle studies.
- Become knowledgeable about computer science in the area of extracting, clearing, storing and processing of structured and unstructured data.
- Learn how to extract information from complex data structures and how to represent them in computer systems, and how to formulate and interpret results of data analysis.
- Gain knowledge regarding mathematical, statistical and computer methods and techniques of data analysis required in social and economic problem-solving.
- Be able to extract data from a variety of sources including databases, text files, multimedia files, social networks, sensor data, geolocation data.
- Know how to query SQL and non-SQL databases alike, prepare data for analysis, build models for data analysis using a variety of mathematical, statistical and computer science tools and formulate hypotheses and opinions using the models.
- Design representation research and conduct statistical analysis used in studying economic processes and phenomena.
- Analyse multidimensional data and apply the methods of multidimensional analysis in business and economic analyses.
- Become aware of the performed professional and social role, specifically in areas where mathematics, statistics, econometrics and computer tools are used, and set benchmarks for professional ethics.
- Understand and use the quantitative approach to describe economic processes, social interactions and business issues.
- Learn how to analyse spatial data and to adjust visualizations to the client’s requirements.
- Learn to implement computer systems based on knowledge processing and to implement results of data analysis in business solutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History of Economic Thought
- Advanced Macroeconomics
- Advanced Optimization Methods
- Basic and Advanced Programming in SAS with Statistics
- Big Data
- Data Mining Basic and Advanced with Text Mining
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesStatistics Business Intelligence & Analytics Data Science & Big Data View 7 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in Poland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Signed application form printed from the on-line registration system;
- ID card or passport (for inspection only);
- Document confirming the knowledge of English;
- Educational document entitling you to apply for admission to studies. If your educational document was issued by a non-Polish institution, it should also be:
- Legalised or endorsed with an apostille – not applicable in the case of IB and EB diplomas, as well as documents issued in any of the EU, EFTA or OECD member states.
- Translated into Polish or English by a certified translator – not applicable in the case of documents issued in one of these languages.
- In the case of a foreign secondary school leaving certificate, it should also be recognized by one of the Polish Education Superintendents – this requirement does not apply to IB and EB diplomas, documents issued in any of the EU, EFTA or OECD member states, as well as in China, Belarus, Ukraine and Libya.
International3800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1900 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA3800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1900 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Warsaw
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.