The programme in Heritage Conservation and Site Management offered by The Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus - Senftenberg focusses on transferring knowledge and methodologies required for the administration and management of cultural heritage sites. The offered modules focus on the following topics: strategies and methodologies for heritage conservation, heritage site management, tourism and visitor management. Students also complete two study projects which allows them to gain an insight into the practical application in their future professional life.
Applicants have to decide upon application whether they choose BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg or Helwan University as their home university. An important part of the study programme is a compulsory semester abroad at the partner university. The programme structure is as follows: 1st semester at the home university; 2nd semester at BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg; 3rd semester at Helwan University; 4th semester at the home university.
Professional Fields of Activity
- Graduates of the programme will be qualified for a professional career in a broad range of public and private institutions in the fields of heritage conservation, heritage site management and tourism.
- Graduates also have the option of pursuing an academic career.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The curriculum of the Joint Master in Heritage Conservation and Site Management has been developed by professors and associated experts from both BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg and Helwan University, in cooperation with the German Archaeological Institute.
- Students are requested to complete five mandatory modules on key subjects in order to strengthen the basic knowledge and understanding necessary to successfully complete the graduate programme.
- These are: Heritage Conservation, Principles of Tourism and Visitor Management, Archaeology, Introduction to Heritage Site Management, Academic Work and Research Methodology.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
Applicants with a FOREIGN Undergraduate Degree 15.07
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership View 188 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree in: Archaeology, Tourism, Architecture, Conservation, Art History, or equivalent qualifications.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency (TOEFL iBT minimum 80 points; IELTS minimum 6.5; Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English minimum Grade B; Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English minimum Grade C).
International642 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 321 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA642 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 321 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.