This makes them able teachers in a society characterized by continuing change in every domain of life. This also prepares them to work with this age tools, especially the technological tools, on condition that this work suits our Arab culture and makes us interact with other world cultures. It is expected that being prepared in this way, students learning in the program will achieve a balance in all aspects of life, which makes them achieve good citizenship.
Teaching and Learning
Generally, the educational courses depend primarily on discussions through which students arrive at the educational conventions and theories in the field. The didactical courses depend on class discussions as well as practical applications of the learning. All the educational as well the teaching methods courses are expected to depend on the last scientific articles in the field.
The pure science courses include the discovery of scientific phenomena, as well as problem solving.
The Methods of Teaching Sciences program of the An-Najah National University provides the local community and the Arab world with qualified teachers who are prepared according to international standards, and who possess the scientific knowledge and the basic skills to perform their work in modern ways that suit this age and its technological development. The future teachers who are prepared in the frame of this program possess as well the patriotic and humanistic responsibilities. This prepares them best for their future life as teachers of science. It specifically prepares them for the job exams and thus their chances to be absorbed as teachers of science increase.
- Research Design & Statistical Methods
- Seminar in Writing Master Thesis
- Analysis Study in the Curicula of Teaching Science
- Methods of Teaching Sciences
- Current Issues in Teaching Science
- Measurements & Evaluation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Biology Teaching View 6 other Masters in Biology in Palestinian Territory, Occupied
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Prospective applicant should have a Bachelor degree from An-Najah National University or its equivalent from a Faculty or university credited by An-Najah National University.
- A Placement Test for the major he/she is applying to.
- Prospective applicant should be willing to meet with the Supervising Committee for a personal interview if the Specialised Department Council recommends that.
- Earning a competitive GPA, is a matter usually determined and computed by the Specialized Department by the following formula: An applicant’s Bachelor’s GPA counts 70% and the applicant’s results on the Skills / Placement Exam and personal interview counts 30%.
- An original or official transcript or copy of certified from both the university from which the applicant graduated and the Palestinian ministry of higher learning.
- A certificate of work experience, if available.
- Two recommendation Letters from faculty members or professionals.
- Personal photo.
Living costs for Nablus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.