The Disaster Risk Management program of the An-Najah National University aspires to produce competent graduates with the ability to deal with disasters and their risk management to reduce their effects on man and nature taking into consideration the exceptional situation the Palestinians live.
The mission of the programme is to provide graduate students with the skills and expertise to understand a holistic approach to disaster risk management enabling them to identify advice and plan for the risks and therefore enable society to prepare, respond and recover.
- Environmental Impact Analysis
- Design for Earthquake Resistance
- Land Use Planning
- Sustainable Planning & Development
- Advanced GIS for Planners
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Prospective applicant should have a Bachelor degree from An-Najah National University or its equivalent from a Faculty or university credited by An-Najah National University.
- A Placement Test for the major he/she is applying to.
- Prospective applicant should be willing to meet with the Supervising Committee for a personal interview if the Specialised Department Council recommends that.
- Earning a competitive GPA, is a matter usually determined and computed by the Specialized Department by the following formula: An applicant’s Bachelor’s GPA counts 70% and the applicant’s results on the Skills / Placement Exam and personal interview counts 30%.
- An original or official transcript or copy of certified from both the university from which the applicant graduated and the Palestinian ministry of higher learning.
- A certificate of work experience, if available.
- Two recommendation Letters from faculty members or professionals.
- Personal photo.
Living costs for Nablus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.